Nostalgia: Old pictures from Thomas Lord Audley School
Our latest look at the archives features old pictures from Thomas Lord Audley School, in Monkwick Avenue, Colchester.
The school started out as Monkwick Secondary Modern School, which opened in 1958, when classes from Wilson Marriage school moved to Greyfriars on East Hill.
It moved in 1960 to the new buildings in Monkwick Avenue, which were extended in 1974 and in 1979.
In 1975, the school became a comprehensive and was renamed Thomas Lord Audley School (and has since more commonly been referred to as TLA).